Wednesday, November 12, 2008
My dog Tam
Once I had a dog. He was a shih-tzu, a little brown bundle of fur that I found one day when I wasn't even looking for one. But the moment I spotted him, nestled among his brothers and sisters in a playpen, I knew I had to take him home. It wasn't long before my dog and I had become best friends and settled in happily together. What a character he was! And what a courageous little soul he had - he thought nothing of swimming a hundred yards to reach the boat I was fishing from, secure in the belief that I would pluck him out of the water when he got there. Well, Tam has been gone four days now...killed by a passing car when he raced into the road attempting to catch me on my way to work...and I am once again alone. But as I stated previously, alone-ness is for amoebas, not humans, so it hurts, this being alone. It hurts alot. I loved that dog, my friend with dark soulful eyes that followed every move I made. I miss you, Tam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment